April 10, 2014 - Information Resources
This is a quick trick for any Cordova coders operating on a Windows environment.
C:\app\>cordova -d platforms add android cordova library for "android" already exists. No need to download. Continuing. Checking if platform "android" passes minimum requirements... Creating android project... Running command: cmd args=["/c", "C:\\Users\\My Account With Spaces\\.cordova\\lib\\android\\cordova\\3.4.0\\bin\\create", "--cli", "C:\\app\\platforms\\android", "com.mycompany.testapp", "Test App"] 'C:\Users\My' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file.
( Grrr )
Windows should probably know better than to create directories (especially often accessed ones, such as a user’s profile folder), if it doesn’t know how to later address them in command line.
If you’re scratching your head over this one, you can get around it by modifying the path.
Open superspawn.js, located here:
C:\Users\[My Account With Spaces]\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cordova\src
Update the line that calls the command to use a symbolic link. It’s roughly line 57:
cmd = resolvePath(cmd);
cmd = cmd.replace('C:\\Users\\My Account With Spaces\\.cordova','C:\\cordovalink');cmd = resolvePath(cmd);
Then, create a symbolic link at the new location C:\cordovalink, using this command:
C:\>mklink /D C:\cordovalink "C:\Users\My Account With Spaces\.cordova" symbolic link created for C:\cordovalink <<===>> C:\Users\My Account With Spaces\.cordova
Hopefully this will save you some time.
October 7, 2012 - Information Resources
As we round third plate to complete our 10th year of business at era404, it’s impossible not to reflect upon the previous decade’s successes and lessons. In fact, despite the enormous pride we have for our successes—the awards we’ve won, the opportunities we’ve been afforded, the pieces we’ve created—it was in the lessons that our company grew the most. We can only assume that the same way the triumphs and tribulations of a child’s first ten years shape his or her personality, a business uses its own experiences to analyze the risks it will take and the directions it will pursue.
The first ten years weren’t always easy. Read More
June 27, 2012 - Information Resources
What are Sitelinks?
The links shown below some of Google’s search results (1), called sitelinks (2), are meant to help users navigate sites. Indexing is the process by which search providers scan websites to extract the information that may be potentially searched by users to properly organize each site among relevent results. Google’s indexer analyzes the link structure of each site to find shortcuts that will save users time and allow them to quickly find the information they’re searching.Read More
June 28, 2005 - Information Resources
Preventative measures can help your emails from becoming false positives
Your contacts are primarily made of people who’ve asked you to contact them or people who would be interested in receiving your emails.
However, some of these contacts may have Spamblocking services that could mis-interpret your emails as Spam. This is far worse than a contact just not receiving an email. If your Internet Protocol (IP) is added to a Spam Sender list because of this, it may stop ALL emails from being received.
Unfortunately, these “false positives” have to exist to allow spam-blocking systems to function. But there are a number of methods you could employ to dramatically lessen your chances of being marked as spam. Please avoid the following when creating emails:
- Body of message incorporates a tracking ID number
- Body of message contains a large block of hexadecimal code
- Body of message contains one or more lines of “YELLING” (i.e., all-caps)
- Message includes Microsoft executable program
- Message body has at least 70 percent blank lines
- Message header indicates message was sent directly from dynamic IP address
- Message From field appears to not contain a real name
- Message From field ends in numbers
- Message header contains numbers mixed in with letters
- Message subject includes the term “offer”
- Message to: field contains spaces
- Message Reply to field is empty
- Subject has exclamation mark and question mark
- Subject is ALL-CAPS
- Message subject starts with an advertising tag
- Message From: field contains the term “friend”
- Subject contains “As Seen”
- Subject starts with dollar amount
- Subject contains “Double Your”
- Subject contains “For Only”
- Subject contains “FREE”
- Subject contains “Free Instant”
- Message contains excessive images without much text
- Message body contains the term “nobody’s perfect”
- Message body claims not to be spam
Contact ERA404 for more questions about preventing your mail from looking like spam. Click here.